Carson Nicolson resides in Fairhope, Alabama with her husband, David and two children.She practices out of the Daphne office. She is a graduate of the University of Alabama where she consistently made the Dean’s list. She received her juris doctor from The University of Alabama School of Law in 1987 where she was a Student Works Editor for the Alabama Law Review. Ms. Nicolson was also a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, a member of the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society, honored as a Hugo L. Black Scholar, awarded membership in the Order of the Coif, and was a recipient of the prestigious Dean Leigh M. Harrison award for outstanding scholarship and legal achievement.
Ms. Nicolson maintains a general practice of law. She is both a civil litigator and a transactional lawyer. She is also on the Alabama Roster of mediators. She is a certified guardian ad litem and practices in the fields of family law and child custody.
Ms. Nicolson is a member of the Baldwin County Bar Association, the Alabama Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. She currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Fairhope Public Library and the Alabama Outward Bound School. She is an active member of the Sertoma Club and her church, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church of Daphne.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. - 1987
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Honors: Recipient of The Prestigious Dean Leigh M. Harrison Award for Outstanding Scholarship and Legal Achievement
- Law Review: Alabama Law Review, Editor
Honors and Awards
- Hugo L. Black Scholar
- Awarded Membership in the Order of the Coif
- Recipient of the Prestigious Dean Leigh M. Harrison Award for outstanding Scholarship and Legal Achievement
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Member
- The Alabama Bar Association
- The American Bar Association
- The Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society