Carson Nicolson practices primarily out of the Daphne office. Mrs. Nicolson is a cum laude graduate of the University of Alabama. She received her juris doctor from The University of Alabama School of Law in 1987 where she was a Student Works Editor for the Alabama Law Review, and a member of Order of the Coif. She also was honored as a Hugo L. Black Scholar and recipient of the prestigious Dean M. Leigh Harrison award for outstanding scholarship, writing and intellectual attainment.
Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Mrs. Nicolson practiced law from 1987 until 2004 with a larger firm in Mobile where she managed a general practice handling numerous commercial loan transactions, advised large banks on consumer regulation requirements, was involved in civil litigation, and wrote appeals. She left the larger firm to focus on her family and engage in private practice where she continued her civil trial work, handled numerous domestic and family law matters, and conducted document and contract review and preparation. Likewise, she continued her appellate work. At Stone Crosby, Mrs. Nicolson continues to focus on all forms of civil litigation including complex contract and commercial cases along with family law and juvenile dependency and custody matters. She has a broad range of experience in the appellate courts and the courts of both Baldwin and Mobile counties, including, trial, probate, family and juvenile courts.
Ms. Nicolson is a member of the Baldwin County Bar Association, the Mobile Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. She is admitted to practice in United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama. She is also a certified guardian ad litem representing the best interests of children in dependency matters. She has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Fairhope Public Library, the Alabama Outward Bound School, as a member of her the Vestry of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, and Alabama Appleseed. She is currently a member of Impact 100 for Baldwin County.
- Alabama State Bar, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. - 1987
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Honors: Recipient of The Prestigious Dean Leigh M. Harrison Award for Outstanding Scholarship and Legal Achievement
- Law Review: Alabama Law Review, Editor
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Member
- The Alabama Bar Association
- The American Bar Association
- The Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
Honors and Awards
- Hugo L. Black Scholar
- Awarded Membership in the Order of the Coif
- Recipient of the Dean Leigh M. Harrison Award for outstanding Scholarship and Legal Achievement