Laura M. Coker is a member of the firm and lives in Daphne.
Ms. Coker practices in state and federal courts and litigates commercial, real estate, business, construction, estate and trust matters. She also has extensive experience providing transactional services in those same areas including multifaceted real estate matters, mergers and acquisitions, business planning and organization, commercial and residential leasing, estate planning and trusts. Ms. Coker also assists in the firm’s representation of several local municipalities and governmental authorities.
Ms. Coker, a Mobile native, graduated from the University of Alabama with honors and received her law degree from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2010.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation representing both plaintiffs and defendants, individuals and businesses
- Business and Commercial Litigation and Transactions
- Counsel businesses in connection with corporate governance matters including business planning and organization, drafting and negotiation of mergers and acquisitions, buy-sell agreements, and asset purchase agreements.
- Defend and pursue claims in complex commercial and business litigation, real estate litigation, construction litigation and contract disputes.
- Represent contractors, developers, and various trades in residential and commercial construction disputes including construction defects and lien enforcement.
- Real Estate Litigation and Transactions
- Litigate real property disputes including easements, deed reformations, mortgages, riparian rights, foreclosures, and quiet title actions.
- Commercial and Residential Leasing and Landlord-Tenant Law
- Represent real estate developers and property owners in drafting and negotiation of leases, purchase agreements and related contracts.
- Estate Planning and Probate Administration; and related litigation
- Consumer Rights (Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, wrongful foreclosure)
- Alabama State Bar, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. - 2010
- The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- B.A. cum laude - 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Member
- Mobile Bar Association, Member
- Mobile Bar Association Women Lawyers, Member & Former President
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Leadership Tuscaloosa, Class, 2012