Mr. Crosby practices in the firm’s Daphne, Foley and Bay Minette offices. His practice emphasizes the areas of civil litigation, probate practice, trusts, wills, business law, guardianships, estates, real property, estate planning, mediation and death and accident cases. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants.
In 1973, Mr. Crosby graduated with academic distinction from the University of Virginia where he was an All Atlantic Coast Conference soccer player. He received his law degree from the University of Alabama School of Law where he was a member of the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society and Moot Court Board. He currently serves as a trustee of the University of Alabama Law School Foundation and serves on the Law School Executive Committee.
Mr. Crosby served as president of the Alabama State Bar from 2007-2008. In 2008, he became the first Alabama lawyer to receive the Chief Justice’s Outstanding Leadership Award for his service to the public. Since 2009, Mr. Crosby has been included each year in the Alabama Super Lawyers magazine in the practice area of Estate Planning and Probate.
In 2012, Mr. Crosby received the Albritton Pro Bono Leadership Award from the Alabama State Bar. The award recognizes an individual for leadership in making free legal services available to the low income citizens. In 2013, he received the Howell T. Heflin award given by the Mobile and Baldwin County Bar Associations to recognize an Alabama judge or attorney who has brought honor and integrity to the legal profession during his or her years of service to the citizens. In 2016, Mr. Crosby received the Sam W. Pipes Distinguished Alumnus Award from the University of Alabama School of Law. The award is given to an outstanding alumnus who has distinguished himself or herself through service to the Bar, the University of Alabama, and the School of Law. Mr. Crosby received the J. Anthony “Tony” McLain Award from the Alabama State Bar in 2017. The award recognizes outstanding, long-term and distinguished service in the advancement of professionalism by a living member of the Alabama State Bar.
Mr. Crosby has served as president of the Baldwin County Bar Association and is a Life Fellow of the Alabama Law Foundation. This fellowship is based upon dedication to the legal profession and community and is limited to 1% of the state bar association. He is also recognized as a premier mediator, well known for his legal, analytical and conciliation skills. He is one of twenty Alabama mediators selected as a charter member of the Alabama chapter of the National Association of Distinguished Neutrals.
Mr. Crosby has authored two books and numerous professional articles and columns. His book of humorous court stories, The Sleeping Juror (www.sleepingjuror.com), was published in 2002 by the Alabama Law Foundation and has raised over $60,000.00 for Kids’ Chance Scholarships and indigent legal services. He has also served on the editorial boards of the Alabama Lawyer and Addendum magazines.
Mr. Crosby served as a local municipal judge and is retired from the JAG Corps of the United States Naval Reserve. He has served as an adjunct professor at the University of South Alabama. He is a past director of Ecumenical Ministries, Inc., an organization which aids low income families in Baldwin County, and he has been active in numerous charitable and civic organizations, including the Boy Scouts of America, the American Red Cross and the Waterfront Rescue Mission. He co-leads Crown/Compass Financial Ministries small group Bible studies each year and plays music at Spanish Fort United Methodist Church and Church of the Apostles, an Anglican church in Fairhope, where he is a member.
- Alabama, 1978
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1979
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Honors: Member, Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- University of Virginia - 1973
- Honors: With Academic Distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- University of Alabama Law School Foundation, Trustee
- Alabama State Bar Association, Member, 1978 - Present
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Past President
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator
Classes / Seminars
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, University of South Alabama
Honors and Awards
- Recipient - Sam W. Pipes Distinguished Alumnus Award - University of Alabama School of Law
- Recipient - Howell T. Heflin Honor and Integrity Award, 2013 - Mobile and Baldwin County Bar
- Recipient - Albritton Pro Bono Leadership Award, 2012, Alabama State Bar
- Recipient - Chief Justice's Outstanding Leadership Award, 2008
- Fellow, Alabama Law Foundation
- Fellow, National Conference of Bar Presidents
- Chief Justice's Commission on Professionalism, 2005 - 2013
- President, Alabama State Bar, 2007 - 2008
- Recipient – J. Anthony “Tony” McLain Award, 2017 – Alabama State Bar