Shawn Alves is a member of the firm who lives in Daphne, Alabama and practices in the Daphne office. In 1994, Mr. Alves graduated from the University of the South, with honors. After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Alabama School of Law, he joined the firm in 1999. During law school, Mr. Alves was a member of the Alabama Law Review, the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society and the John A. Campbell Moot Court. He was honored as a Hugo Black Scholar and is currently a member of the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Alves litigates difficult and complex commercial, real estate, business, construction, estate and trust matters. In addition, he is experienced in providing transactional services in those same areas including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, business planning and organization, estate planning, trusts and multifaceted real estate matters.
Mr. Alves is also the head of the firm’s fiduciary services group, which provides professional trustee services to individual clients.
In his free time, Mr. Alves serves as a member of the board of directors of several local non-profit corporations, including the Weeks Bay Foundation, Beckwith Camp and Conference Center and the Alabama Free Clinic, which provides free medical services to the working uninsured in Baldwin County. He is also an avid outdoorsman who has climbed Mount Rainier and takes his family on regular mountain biking trips.
- Alabama, 1999
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. magna cum laude, 1999
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
- Honors: John A. Campbell Moot Court Board
- Honors: Hugh Black Scholar
- The University of the South
- B.S., 1994
- With Honors
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baldwin County Bar Association, President 2010, Vice President 2009
- Alabama State Bar, Leadership Class IV
- Daphne / Spanish Fort Rotary Club
- International Committee Chairman 2005 to present
- District Simplified Grant Committee Chairman 2008 to 2010
- Dominican Republic Water Purification Project
- Argentina High School Lab Project
- Trione Park Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Project
- The Weeks Bay Foundation, Board Member 2011 to present
- The Alabama Free Clinic, Board Member 2000 to present
- Beckwith Camp and Conference Center, Board Member 2016 to present
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Usher
- American Red Cross, Alabama Gulf Coast Chapter, Board Member 2005 to 2010
- Boys and Girls Club of South Alabama, Ruff Wilson Boys and Girls Advisory Board President 1999 to 2006