Stone Crosby’s attorneys are prepared to assist employers with important issues related to COVID-19. Examples of legal questions our attorneys are helping employers with include:
- What absences are covered under FMLA, and what absences are not covered?
- What are the best practices if you find an employee tests positive or exhibits symptoms?
- If employees are off work because of COVID-19, are employers required to pay them?
- Can employees sue employers if they contract COVID-19 at work?
- What about pay deductions for employee absences under the FLSA?
- Can I require my employees to take their accrued leave?
- Can employers ask employees if they believe they have the virus or require medical examinations, such as checking temperatures?
Call our office today to set up an in-person meeting, telephone conference or Zoom meeting with one of our attorneys to discuss protecting your business and its employees.